Many volunteers are involved in the management, maintenance and opening of the Jewish cemetery. Hosts, hostesses, handymen, tourguides, history researchers, etc. You are most welcome to make a nice contribution once or on a regular basis!
- Maintenance work on the cemetery
- Cleaning and maintaining forest plot
- Cleaning and maintenance of gravestones in the cemetery
- Maintenance Metaheer house and workspace
- Historical research and recording of stories
- Contribute to a book about the Jewish cemetery
- Genealogical research into family connections and surviving relatives
- Making a map with graves
- Developing lesson letters for primary and secondary school students
- Acting as hostess / host during opening hours
- Taking care of guided tours
A group of volunteers is working on maintenance work every 1st Thursday afternoon of the month from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. from April to November. The dates for 2022 are (subject to change) April 7, May 5, June 2, August 4, September 1, October 5 and November 3. In addition, the foundation also participates every year with NLdoet. This year it will take place on Friday 11 and Saturday 12 March (see also news items).
If you would like to help preserve this unique part of Oisterwijk, or if you would like to become a hostess/host, please contact our management and volunteers coordinator.